Aconitum napellus is indicated in the following conditions
- Strong, healthy, full-blooded person of quick, lively. sanguine temperament.
- Emotional, mental and physical tension ; hyperaesthesia, of the special senses.
- Onset of sthenic fevers, characterized by (a) intense anxiety with prediction and fear of death, causing restlessness and tossing about ; (b) strong, full, rapid pulse ; (c) dry, hot skin and great thirst ; (d) intolerance of warmth, bedclothes thrown off.
- Complaints from exposure to dry, cold winds and draughts, also from suppressed perspiration, mental emotions (especially fright), injury, shock, surgical operation, intense heat.
- Pains intense and insupportable ; tearing, stabbing, cutting ; often associated with :
- Local numbness or tingling.
- Sudden disturbances of the special senses, especially vision. 8. Sudden spasmodic affections in children, especially croup.
- Haemorrhages of bright-red blood when the characteristic mental anxiety is present.
- Modalities ; < evening and night ; warm room, lying on left side ; > fresh air ; joint pain < motion > rest.
Notes. Chronic : Sulphur.
Keynote : Tension.