What is fatty Liver disease?
The liver is the largest organ in our body and carries of over 500 functions, the most important of which are
- Maintaining blood sugar levels
- Regulating blood clotting
- Protein synthesis
- Producing chemicals that help digest food
Fatty Liver disease is when there is an excess build up o fats in the liver. The two types of Fatty liver disease are: Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) Alcoholic fatty liver disease, also called alcoholic steatohepatitis.
What are the symptoms of Fatty Liver disease?
Is Fatty Liver Dangerous?
For many people fatty liver doesn’t cause too many problems at first but it can build up if the condition is not recognised early and treated.
The excess fat that accumulates in the liver over long time causing liver inflammation and eventually leading to scarring of the liver. This scarring is called cirrhosis. Cirrhosis can lead to serious health conditions as liver cancer.
Best Diet for Fatty liver disease
A good diet for people who have fatty liver disease are fruits, vegetables, foods rich in fibre, whole grains and nuts
- Coffee is good and helps to reduce the abnormal liver enzymes.
- Spinach and other green vegetables are good to help due to the high nitrates and the polyphenols found.
- Beans help in reducing blood glucose and trigycerides. They are low fat and a source of high protein.
- Fish such as Salmon, Tuna and trout help in boosting HDL Cholestrol and lowering triglycerides.
Homeopathic remedies for Fatty liver disease
Modern medicine has no specific remedy for fatty liver disease. Homeopathy has many remedies that can help you control and reverse the condition.
Some of the homeopathic remedies for fatty liver disease